Support for university-industry collaboration is provided to entrepreneurs in Turkey through various institutions and programs. These supports cover various areas such as capital funding for technology and innovation-focused projects, consultancy services, and research and innovation support.
- Action Plan for Enhancing University-Industry Collaboration
The action plan for enhancing university-industry collaboration is a program that encompasses strategic steps aimed at increasing cooperation between universities and the industrial sector, facilitating knowledge and technology transfer, and supporting research and innovation activities. This action plan includes objectives such as guiding universities to direct their scientific studies towards the industry, developing projects that address industrial needs, and facilitating technology transfer in collaboration with the industrial sector. The following are the intended goals of this action plan:
- Accessing financial support for educational and research activities
- Providing students and academics with industrial experience opportunities
- Contributing to regional economic development
- Creating job opportunities for graduates
- Accessing university research infrastructure and human resources
- Accessing laboratory facilities not available within the university
- Benefiting from continuous training activities provided by universities
- Facilitating the expansion and renewal of technologies
- Utilizing fundamental and applied research results of universities to develop new products and processes.
This action plan aims to foster strong partnerships between universities and industries, leading to mutually beneficial outcomes that drive technological advancement and economic growth.
2.TUBITAK 1505 Support Program
Within the scope of the TUBITAK 1505 Support Program, financial support is provided to students to realize their projects. During the project process, academic mentoring is also offered to the students. This program aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Encourage university students to take an interest in the industrial sector and gain working experience in this field.
- Strengthen collaboration between universities and industrial organizations and facilitate knowledge transfer.
- Train graduates with technical competencies who can generate solutions for industrial needs.
- Promote industry-focused undergraduate theses.
The TUBITAK 1505 Support Program supports academic knowledge transfer to industry by offering university students the opportunity to participate in R&D projects and prepares young researchers for the business world.